School Closure Resources - Parents
Hello parents! Below you will find some links and information that may help with navigating through your child's at-home education. My hope is to provide you with resources to help you on this incredible new journey we are on! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me. email@example.com
Student Google Accounts/Google Classroom
All teachers at Lincoln will be utilizing the Google Classroom to relay content and connect with students. To access this, they will need to use their South Lane Google Account. Below you will find some video tutorials to help your student know what to do.
- Intro to Google for Parents Slideshow
- Parent's Ultimate Guide to Google Classroom - A resource from Common Sense Media
- How to sign into your South Lane Google Account for the first time (video)
- How to join a Google Classroom (video)
Book Check Out!
- Beginning today, students will be able to check out books from LMS Library.
- Using the online catalog, reserve your book
- Book pick up will happen every Monday, in front of LMS, from 11am-2pm.
- Book requests must be in by Sunday to be ready by Monday
- Ms. Myers, wearing a mask and gloves, will package books up into envelopes, attach your checkout report, and have it available for you on Monday.
- First book pickup will happen Monday, April 27th.
- Books can also be returned on Mondays - in a box near the pick up table
- Once there, come up, say your name. Ms. Myers will put your envelope on the table, then back away so you can come up and get it.
- Enjoy your reading!!
There are a number of digital resources that are being offered for free (my favorite price!) - check out this list to get you started:
- ABDO Digital Book Shelf has K-8th Grade ebooks, nonfiction and (some) fiction
- Audible is offering a selection of free audiobooks
- Cottage Grove Library users have access to Overdrive (Library2Go, and also accessible as Libby), which is a great resource for all ages!
- Epic! Books for Kids Epic is one of the most widely used and popular e-book and audiobook platforms. It has a wide variety of books that will appeal to elementary and middle school students.
- Through June 30th, Epic is free to families with a teacher invitation. This will allow you to access the service at all hours. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can set up your students!
- Junior Library Guild has made a selection of ebooks available for free for elementary, middle, and high school titles. The titles change frequently, so check back often!
- Tumblebooks is offering a selection of ebooks and audiobooks that are open to all during this time!