School Closure Resources - Students
Hello students! This is the place to come to get all sorts of information and help. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google - Accounts and Classroom
All of your classes are now online!
Step ONE - Sign into your Google Account. You must use your South Lane account for this to work - email@example.com.
Need some Google guidance? I've made some video tutorials to help you. Click below on what you need to do:
- Sign into your South Lane Google Account
- How to join a Google Classroom (you need the code)
- How to turn in an assignment
- Google Classroom on a Device
- How to upload a photo onto Google Classroom from your device
Need a Classroom Code? Check one of these lists
Did you forget your password for your Google account? The Technology Department can reset your password. You can:
Book Check Out!
- Beginning today, students will be able to check out books from LMS Library.
- Using the online catalog, reserve your book
- Book pick up will happen every Monday, in front of LMS, from 11am-2pm.
- Book requests must be in by Sunday to be ready by Monday
- Ms. Myers, wearing a mask and gloves, will package books up into envelopes, attach your checkout report, and have it available for you on Monday.
- First book pickup will happen Monday, April 27th.
- Books can also be returned on Mondays - in a box near the pick up table
- Once there, come up, say your name. Ms. Myers will put your envelope on the table, then back away so you can come up and get it.
- Enjoy your reading!!
Digital resources that are being offered for free (my favorite price!) - check out this list to get you started:
- ABDO Digital Book Shelf has K-8th Grade ebooks, nonfiction and (some) fiction
- Audible is offering a selection of free audiobooks
- Cottage Grove Library users have access to Overdrive (Library2Go, and also accessible as Libby), which is a great resource for all ages!
- Epic! Books for Kids Epic is one of the most widely used and popular e-book and audiobook platforms. It has a wide variety of books that will appeal to elementary and middle school students.
- Through June 30th, Epic is free to families with a teacher invitation. This will allow you to access the service at all hours. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can set up your students!
- Junior Library Guild has made a selection of ebooks available for free for elementary, middle, and high school titles. The titles change frequently, so check back often!
- Tumblebooks is offering a selection of ebooks and audiobooks that are open to all during this time!
- LFL - Little Free Libraries - there are a number of LFLs around Cottage Grove. Go and swap some books! Click on the link to find a map.